20 Minute Interval Cardio Workout
Merry Monday friends! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I had PMS so Garbage Girl thought it would be really fun to come out and play. But today I’m (mostly) back in control and prepared to put her in her place when she wakes up from her slumber. This morning, I decided to step on the scale because it’s has been a few weeks. I try to stay off of it during PMS for two reasons bloating and avoiding madness. Thankfully it was exactly the same as a few weeks ago or else it might have landed on my neighbor’s front yard.
I was thinking, a lot of you are in the middle of winter. I grew up in the midwest so I know exactly what it’s like….cold. No…COLD. If you belong to a gym sometimes it’s really hard to brave the cold to get there. So I thought I’d post a quick interval cardio you can do in your living room when you can’t make it to the gym or want to mix it up a bit. Put on some tennies and grab your kitchen timer or cell phone!
Living Room Cardio #1
1. One minute of Jumping Jacks
2. One minute of Slow Squats (Slow because this is your recovery.)
3. One minute of Running in Place with High Knees (Jog as quick as you can in place bringing your knees up to your chest)
4. One minute of Controlled Side Kicks (About 10-12 each leg. Here’s a how-to video if you’ve never done one. Slow b/c this is your recovery.)
5. One minute of Fast Feet. (Get into a squat position. Lean slightly forward, lifting your heels putting your weight on the balls of your feet. Now run in place as fast as you can. Sixty seconds is a long time to do this so you’ll probably start to slow down that’s okay.)
Repeat 1-5 4 times for a 20 minute interval cardio workout in your living room. Finish with a few stretches.
Have a great day!
Hugs and High Fives,