Girl Hero Mom
10 Reasons I’m Thankful for My Mom
2. Mad grandma skillz. My children adore her and Brent and I never worry about them when they are with her. We even left them with her for 3 weeks when we had to travel to the other side of the world for work. She’s that awesome.
3. Loves my dad. LOVES. HIM. When I decided to get married I knew I would never settle for anything less than the love they share for each other and I will forever be grateful for the example they set.
4. Spontaneous and full of adventure. “Plans” have always been optional and because of that she and my dad have created quite a treasure chest of memories. From a last minute decision to go to Switzerland for the weekend because they got crazy cheap airline tickets or a sudden change of route from Gulf Shores, Alabama to Key West, Florida with a van full of kids, she always allows room for adventure.
5. Love for animals and nature. Hiking, camping, and sunsets. She always made sure we were surrounded by nature and we always had a houseful of furry family members. She even let me keep two pet rats in my room when I was in high school. Nuff said.
6. Kind. She would give an old lady at a nursing home the same respect and attention as she would a celebrity.
7. Work ethic. I’ve met very few people who work as hard as she does. From “bushhoggin’” the woods next to her house to chasing after 4 grandchildren under the age of 4 she gives every thing 100% of her effort. Oh and she is just as good with a hammer as she is with a sewing machine.
8. Creativity. Fun little poems, pictures that capture moments that matter, homemade crib sets, and lovely landscaping. My mom’s life is speckled with creativity and beauty.
9. Simplicity. Her simple faith and way of looking at the world is refreshing especially next to my turbulent and highly analytical nature.
10. Forgiving. Life has thrown some “doozies”, as we say in Indiana, but I’ve never known her to hold a grudge towards anything or anyone.
Friends, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. If you pray, would you lift up a prayer for my mom?
Lastly, I hope you know how thankful I am for your readership.
Hugs and High Fives,
If you enjoyed this post please Subscribe to the RSS Feed.
Sign up to have posts emailed to your inbox.